Tuesday, October 12, 2010

my take on 'being Selfish'....

dictionary meaning of selfish :- Caring supremely or unduly for one's self..... most of the times, its considered as a bad trait. but truth is every creature has it in him, however righteous it may be. there is a lot of confusion when u encounter a moment in ur life where d thing u want n d thing dats 'right' are nt d same.... moments where u just wanna close ur eyes n get along with d heart, but ur conscience overpowers u d instant, u r just gettin over d edge.... no one's gonna blame u for whatever decision u make... but at those moments, u just care to hold on to everyting, though it may b tearing u apart..... does dat too come under selfishness???


Selfishness

Selfishness has dwelt in my skin…

been there since ages, in my soul….

Now, its turning into all pain and grief…..

…when I decide not to be the same, anymore…



I didn’t demand a single penny that wasn’t mine…

and didn’t do a single thing, to turn a smile into a whine…

But when things began to crawl upon me,

I ended up savin’ my skin…..

….and consoled myself, “it was all just and fine….”


I always knew love was never meant to be forced….

If she doesn’t love me, there shouldn’t be any remorse…

But when the false ego of caring so much, struck me…

I ended up, venting my frustration….

….and still consoled myself, “that’s the way the world goes…”


Gloom has always been around the people I care…

Hurting my own schedule, for them, I tried to be there….

But when someone stabbed me behind my back….

I ended up, hurting myself but….

….still wanting them to stay by me, forever….

No comments:

Post a Comment